You Must Be Choking...
Playing games with friends is my favourite thing to do every weekend. There has lately been a rise of people wanting to socialize over games rather than simply watching a movie or playing video games. People love board games, specifically card games, and young adults lean towards games that are more R-rated to have more fun.
At a Glance:
- Joking Hazard is an EXTREMELY not-for-kids party game from the minds of Cyanide & Happiness, the hit webcomic.
- Three or more players compete to build funny and terrible comics about friendship, violence, sex, and everything in between.
- 360 panel cards (including 10 add-your-own-words cards) combine to form millions of awful situations, and sometimes nice ones.
- High quality cards can be burned for heat after society collapses.
- Ages 17+
One of the games available to buy right now is the card game called, “Joking Hazard,” which has been created by the team behind Cyanide and Happiness, the famous web comic series. They have an incredibly hilarious sense of humour, and when I heard they had a new card game out, I jumped at the opportunity to buy it. So how does the game work and is it worth buying?
The Joking Hazard Card Game comes with a variety of features to have a blast playing this game! Some of these features include:
- 100% absolutely not-for-kids party card game (FOR ADULTS ONLY)
- From the brains of the hit web comic Cyanide and Happiness
- Perfect for three or more players
- You compete to build the most outrageous and funny (also terrible) comics about your friends, sex, and violence (and basically everything you can think of)
- Comes with 360 panel cards, and 10 “add your personal words” cards, that can be combined to form millions of terrible situations (a few nice ones too)
- Quality-made cards
- Unlimited amount of possibilities
How to play
- You pick a player as the “judge” who flips the top card off the draw pile
- The judge then picks one of their own cards to either come before or after the drawn card (like a comic strip)
- Everyone else, who isn’t the judge, puts their best punch line facedown and the judge goes through them and chooses whichever is the funniest
- Hilarious game
- Can play for hours
- Great especially for a party with friends
- Totally customizable (especially with the cards that you add your own words)
- The possibilities are endless
- You get to be extremely creative, something I personally enjoy
- The cards are made extremely well and drawn great
- A unique game that I’ve never seen before
- There are only roughly 60 cards that are highly obscene or offensive, so if you are worried you can easily take them out and still play
- Fantastic for adults
- Rated R fun
- This is for adults only, NOT a family game 🙂
- Some people don’t enjoy games where they have to be creative
Before I start my final verdict, I must remind you that board games and personal fun all come down to personal preference. I have a unique sense of humour and style of board game that I enjoy playing, and this greatly influences my final verdict. Other people are different and may be easily offended, or only like games of strategy that are mostly family based. That is completely okay. Games are meant to be for various people and that is why there are so many of them. So even if I love a certain game, it might not be for you; just read through the features and from them see if this sounds like a game that fits what you are looking for.
That being said, I absolutely adore the Joking Hazard Card Game and think it is one of the most hilarious and unique games I’ve ever played. I am a huge fan of the web comic series, “Cyanide and Happiness,” and to know that these brilliant creators made a card game got me excited. This game requires some creativity, which I greatly enjoy, and my friends had a lot of fun putting hilarious comics together. If you are looking for a more strategy-based game, such as Monopoly or Settlers of Catan, this game is not for you. But if you want a game that is a whole lot of fun and that will have you hysterically laughing for hours, then I completely recommend the Joking Hazard card game.